Filled with delicious Corned Beef Hash, fresh tomatoes and mozzarella cheese – this Easy Taco Pie makes a great breakfast or lunch!
The recipe I am sharing with you today is a MUST TRY for all busy moms and housewives out there. It requires minimum ingredients and prepping time, but delivers a ton of flavor and everyone loves it. I mean, who would say “No” to this scrumptious Taco Pie? I cannot think of anyone.
While doing my usual food shopping a couple of weeks ago I stumbled across HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash. I loved the simple, count-on-your-fingers ingredients, so I decided to give it a try. I am so happy I did! This Taco Pie was the first recipe that came to my head, so I made it for lunch… I was shopping for more Corned Beef Hash the next week.
I’ve also tried to cook a breakfast skillet with this hash, but that’s a recipe for another time. 🙂
Quick and easy recipes are now on top of my list. It’s been a crazy busy summer for me and I bet you feel the same. So, to find time for my favorite ocean-side walks I try to save some time on cooking. This Pie also stores well in refrigerator, so you can just warm up a piece when you feel hungry.
I used fresh tomatoes in this recipe, but you may use bell peppers, sautéed mushrooms or canned corn if you’d prefer. Important thing to remember when using fresh tomatoes is to remove the access liquid before adding them to the pie, so it doesn’t become soggy. It is also a great idea to top the Taco Pie with some chopped avocado or sour cream. I am Ukrainian and they say that we love to put sour cream on everything, so no surprise I chose the latter option.
To prepare this Easy Corned Beef Hash Taco Pie you’ll need:
- 4 medium flour tortillas
- 1 (15-ounce) can HORMEL® MARY KITCHEN® Corned Beef Hash
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes (juice squeezed out)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- scallions and sour cream to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350F and place one flour tortilla on the bottom of oven-proof skillet.
2. Spread 1/3 of the Hormel Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash onto the tortilla.
3. Sprinkle with 1/3 of diced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
4. Place another tortilla on top and repeat this step 2 more times. Top the final layer with tortilla and press the pie with your hand gently.
5. Sprinkle some mozzarella on top and cover the skillet with foil.
6. Bake for 20 minutes and garnish the Taco Pie with some diced tomatoes and chopped scallions.
How easy was that? The prepping time is about 10 minutes and while the Taco Pie is in the oven, you have your hands free to set up the table, prepare a salad or some drinks, or clean up the kitchen.
Cannot wait to hear how you enjoyed this Easy Corned Beef Hash Taco Pie, friends!
Thank you to Hormel® for sponsoring this post.