I love cooking with salmon. It is so tender and flavorful. I have never been disappointed with a salmon dish. This Creamy Salmon Penne recipe comes straight from Italy. My mom says it’s one of her favorite quick pasta dishes. Hope you’ll feel the same way after you give it a try.
Penne is one of the most popular kinds of pasta in Italy and, no surprise, it fits this dish perfectly. Fettuccine would be my next choice. By the way, if you haven’t tried my Fettuccine in Roasted Pepper Sauce yet, I strongly suggest you do so. I’ve made it on many occasions and everyone raves about it. Although I haven’t yet made Creamy Salmon Penne for my friends, I am pretty sure it is going to be one of their favorites, too.
The ingredient list is pretty small:
- 1 lb. fresh salmon
- 8 oz. uncooked penne pasta
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, saute the onion in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the salmon and keep cooking for another 5-7 minutes, breaking it into flakes as it cooks.
3. Add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Stir and turn off the heat.
4. Add the cooked pasta, Parmigiano Reggiano, and chopped parsley, mixing everything together thoroughly.
5. Sprinkle with more cheese and parsley before serving.
That’s it! Your delicious and filling Creamy Salmon Penne dinner is ready. I hope your family will enjoy it as much as mine does! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. Don’t forget to share your photos on Instagram with #cooktoria. I’d love to see what you cook!
Before you go…
Check out these recipes