Creamy New Potatoes served in delicious garlicky sauce. This is my favorite way to eat potatoes!
The recipe I am sharing with you today is one of my most loved in the world! My mom has been cooking it since I can remember and it is very popular in Ukraine, especially during potato harvesting period. There is nothing better than a soft new potato soaked in a cream-based garlic sauce…
If you are lucky enough to get your hands on new potatoes you MUST make this recipe. If you can’t find them, baby potatoes will work well too and you can find them in any big supermarket. You won’t be able to scrape the skin off, but feel free to leave it on. If you chose to peel the potatoes, they may fall apart during boiling, but they will still taste amazing.
Here is a list of all necessary ingredients:
- 1 1/2 lbs. of small new potatoes
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/3 cup of chopped parsley and dill
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1) Start by washing the potatoes thoroughly.
2) Scrape the skin off gently, or you may also keep the skin on. I prefer to remove the skin. Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 30 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through.
3) Heat up the heavy cream just until it starts to bubble, but do not boil it.
4) Add the chopped herbs and garlic to the cream and stir.
5) Pour the sauce over the potatoes and stir gently.
6) Cover with a lid, and let potatoes rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
I love serving these potatoes with fresh salad on the side, or just some seasonal veggies. Let me know what you thought of the recipe, friends!