Tasty and comforting, this Lightened Up Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is easy to make and can be enjoyed without any guilt.
What makes this Lightened Up Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup so special is that it doesn’t require cream and it is made with simple, healthy ingredients. The creaminess comes from egg yolks and they also add a special, interesting note to the soup. My family loves this soup and I have no doubt yours will too. I used the same egg yolk mixture to make this Easy Greek Chicken Lemon Soup and it was a huge success.
Chicken Noodle Soup has a special place in my heart and stomach and I cook it quite often during the cold season. Nothing can beat the comforting taste of this creamy goodness.
If you like the broth to be thick, feel free to add about 2 tablespoons of flour and mix it with some broth before adding it to the soup. This will thicken things up. 🙂 I don’t do this, because I enjoy the soup just the way it is.
Instead of using store-bought broth, I cook with water and add 2 tablespoons of Vegeta Seasoning. I’ve been doing so for many years now, and I highly recommend you give it a try. It is a tastier and cheaper option.
To make this Lightened Up Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup you’ll need:
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cubed
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 6 oz. egg noodles (1/2 pack)
- 12 cups chicken broth (or water + 2 tbsp. of Vegeta Seasoning)
- 4 egg yolks
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1. Place the chicken, celery, carrots and noodles into large stockpot or Dutch Oven.
2. Add the chicken broth (or water with Vegeta Seasoning), bay leaves and thyme. Bring the soup to a boil and cook for about 30-40 minutes on medium heat.
3. Whisk the egg yolks and ladle 1 cup of hot broth into the bowl with the egg yolk mixture and stir a little. Add 1 more cup of hot broth to the bowl and stir again. Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the pot.
4. Stir well to blend. Taste for seasoning.
5. Garnish with fresh thyme or chopped parsley and enjoy!
Before you go…
Check out these recipes