These fluffy and delicious Chocolate Banana Pancakes are healthy and easy to make. Sweetened with bananas and dark chocolate, you won’t be able to stop eating them.
Pancakes make any morning better. Especially if they are filled with chocolate. Don’t you agree? If you answered, “Yes!!!” then you MUST try these Chocolate Banana Pancakes. I have absolutely no doubt that they are going to become your favorite way to start the day.
After my Healthy Banana Pancakes recipe came out, a lot of you shared your feedback, and many suggested adding chocolate chips. Being the chocoholic that I am, I didn’t hesitate for long before I made the chocolate version. Of course, you were right. These pancakes are unbelievably delicious and I am drooling every time I look at the photo. 🙂
Let’s not lose another second, and start cooking!
Here is a list of what you’ll need:
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup of whole milk (or almond milk)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flour (I use Organic Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour)
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 cup of dark chocolate chips
1. Place the bananas into a large bowl and puree with a potato masher until smooth, with no lumps remaining.
2. Add milk and eggs, and whisk thoroughly.
3. Add flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix the batter gently until smooth, but try not to over mix it.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium heat. Using a 1/3 cup as a measure, scoop the batter onto the skillet. In about 1 minute, you should see some bubbles appear. Flip the pancake over and fry for another minute. Repeat this step with the remaining batter.
6. Garnish with some fresh bananas, and serve with some honey, agave/pancake syrup, or melted chocolate. Enjoy!
Before you go…
Check out these recipes